Today is a crazy full day at work, then a full night of Young Life, but I had to take time to THANK each of you for being so incredibly faithful to pray for me and over me. I can FEEL your prayers. It is a peace like I have never known. 🙂
My surgery is the first one of the day tomorrow at 7:30am!
As you pray, could you join me in praying that:
- MIRACLE prayer but my God is this BIG to do this if He wanted to: that my 3.5cm nodule would be benign and that the doctors would know instantly when they see it and decide to only remove left half of my thyroid – saving my right half
- the Lord would miraculously protect my vocal chords throughout the surgery
- God would guide the doctors and nurses with wisdom and precision for a smooth surgery
- the Lord joins me all day tomorrow – every minute – and that I feel His presence. I have invited Him to come and He has told me He will be there. 🙂
- my body would absolutely love my medicine Synthroid and I would feel like myself – and maybe even better than before!
- if it is cancer like they think, that every single cell would be removed, and I would not need the radioactive iodine treatment
- Jesus would give me courage and joy and peace and that I would glorify Jesus in all of this
I have been tearing up about five times a day lately. Out of just happiness and love for all of you and for Jesus. The texts and calls and cards and most of all prayer have been filling my soul up.
I have dear friends in India, East Asia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, California, Colorado, Alaska, my sweet Arkansas and Texas praying for me (I mean WHAT!!?!). My favorite two pastors of life have both texted me that they are praying for me. On Saturday night at Bekah’s lake house under the stars, ten of my closest Houston friends laid hands on me and prayed mighty prayers to Jesus on my behalf.
Here’s some Psalm 27 if you need it like I need it today. These verses, especially the ones in bold, have been giving me courage lately:
The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom should I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom should I be afraid?
2 When evildoers came against me to devour my flesh,
my foes and my enemies stumbled and fell.
3 Though an army deploys against me,
my heart is not afraid;
though a war breaks out against me,
still I am confident.
4 I have asked one thing from the Lord;
it is what I desire:
to dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life,
gazing on the beauty of the Lord
and seeking Him in His temple.
5 For He will conceal me in His shelter
in the day of adversity;
He will hide me under the cover of His tent;
He will set me high on a rock.
6 Then my head will be high
above my enemies around me;
I will offer sacrifices in His tent with shouts of joy.
I will sing and make music to the Lord.
7 Lord, hear my voice when I call;
be gracious to me and answer me.
8 My heart says this about You,
“You are to seek My face.”
Lord, I will seek Your face.
9 Do not hide Your face from me;
do not turn Your servant away in anger.
You have been my helper;
do not leave me or abandon me,
God of my salvation.
10 Even if my father and mother abandon me,
the Lord cares for me.
11 Because of my adversaries,
show me Your way, Lord,
and lead me on a level path.
12 Do not give me over to the will of my foes,
for false witnesses rise up against me,
13 I am certain that I will see the Lord’s goodness
in the land of the living.
14 Wait for the Lord;
be strong and courageous.
Wait for the Lord. – Psalm 27
I will post on Facebook tomorrow after the surgery. Thank you ALL!!!!
so much love from me to you,